Branches of the Association have the major responsibility for developing specific direct services and programs consistent with the Goals, Objectives & Values of the Association. Priority areas for service development include:
- Phycho-Social (Socialization, Recreational Services)
- Public Education
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Self-Help (Consumers & Families)
Mentally healthy people in a healthy society.
As the nationwide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Our Key Values and Principles
- Embracing the voice of people with mental health issues
- Promoting inclusion
- Working collaboratively
- Influencing the social determinants of health (e.g. housing, justice)
- Focusing on the mental health needs of all age groups
- Using evidence to inform our work
- Being transparent and accountable